Albania 4×4 Adventure 16 nights June/July 2020
- Fully escorted from the UK to Albania. We will set off from the UK on Sunday 28th June and make our way through mainland Europe to the Port of Ancona, Italy. Travel and accommodation costs for this part of the expedition are not included, but I can give advice.
- Semi-Independent travellers – 30th June 2020 meet at the Port of Ancona to set sail overnight for Durres, Albania.
- Independent Travellers – Meet in Durres, Albania on Wednesday 1st July 2020. May suit anyone who wishes to drive through the Balkans to meet the tour group.
- A unique trip for true adventurers
- Drive through canyons and river beds
- Negotiate rocky mountains and take in the breathtaking scenery
- A mix of wild camping and authentic Albanian accommodation
- Lead by a professional 4×4 and instructor
- Albanian & English speaking local guide included
- A ‘curious time-capsule’ as quoted by the Guardian – Read the article here>>
4 in stock
Albania Overland 4×4 tour 16 nights June/July 2020
The Albania Overland 4×4 tour is a unique trip for true adventurers as you will experience rugged routes and wild camping in some of the most remote parts of Europe.
By driving your 4×4 through canyons, river beds and negotiating rocky mountain trails, you will experience breathtaking scenery in a unique country.
In addition to wild camping, you will be staying in authentic Albanian accommodation. The tour will be lead by a professional 4×4 guide and instructor who has explored The Balkans on numerous occasions, while an Albanian and English speaking local guide will be supporting the group so that we get the most out of the trip.
This is your chance to experience a ‘curious time-capsule’ as quoted by the Guardian – Read the article here>>
Multiple options are available:
- A fully escorted tour from the UK to Albania. We will set off from the UK on Sunday 28th June and make our way through mainland Europe to the Port of Ancona, Italy. Travel and accommodation costs for this part of the expedition are not included, but I can offer advice.
- For semi-Independent travellers – Meet at the Port of Ancona on 30th June 2020 to set sail overnight for Durres, Albania.
- For Independent Travellers – Meet in Durres, Albania on Wednesday 1st July 2020. This option may suit those who wish to drive through the Balkans to meet the tour group.
- An 8 night option will be available for those with limited time.
- Fly drive – Take a direct flight from London Gatwick Airport to Tirana and we can arrange a 4×4 hire vehicle and camping equipment for you.
Albania Overland 4×4 tour 2020 Guided Tag Along Tour
Tuesday 30th June 2020 at 19:00hrs – We will meet at the Port in Italy and prepare for the 22:00hrs sailing to Durres, Albania. Ferry costs are included in the fully escorted option only
Wednesday 1st July 2020 at 15:00hrs – Disembark the ferry and meet the local guide before heading to our hotel accommodation near Durres
Thursday 2nd July 2020 and Friday 3rd July 2020 – Explore the alpine routes of northern Albania and enjoy 2 nights of wild camping
Saturday 4th July – Travel from Cermenika to Tirana
Sunday 5th July – Rest day in Tirana
Monday 6th July – Tirana to Mokra – Wild Camping
Tuesday 7th July – Mokra to Berat
Wednesday 8th July – Berat to Skrapar – Wild Camping
Thursday 9th July – Skrapar to Gjirokastra
Friday 10th July – Rest day in Gjirokastra (UNESCO World Heritage site)
Saturday 11th July – Gjirokastra to Zagoria – Wild Camping
Sunday 12th July – Zagoria to Nivica
Monday 13th July – Nivica to The Albanian Riviera
Tuesday 14th July – Rest day on the Albanian Riviera
Wednesday 15th July – Riviera to Igoumenitsa, Greece
Thursday 16th July – Cross into mainland Greece for our sailing to Ancona or Venice (TBC)
After disembarkation you can continue to explore Europe at your own pace or head home
Our routes will include river crossings, mountains passes and canyons. Also included are some overnight homestays with the opportunity to sample local life.
We will explore the North and South of Albania with its varied terrain and amazing scenery. You will also experience a mixture of wild camping and quirky Balkan hotels.
Safety and Communication
In order for us to communicate whilst on our adventures, I will supply a PMR Radio for each vehicle and the lead support vehicle will carry a SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS tracker.
‘SPOT Gen3 gives you a critical, life-saving line of communication when you travel beyond the boundaries of cell service. The latest generation of award-winning SPOT devices, SPOT Gen3 lets family and friends know you’re okay, or if the worst should happen, sends emergency responders your GPS location – all with the push of a button. Add this rugged, pocket-sized device to your essential gear and stay connected wherever you roam. Long Live Adventure!’
If you have any questions please contact me via the link below or call 07444 595812