Albania 4×4 Adventure 16 nights June/July 2020
- Explore an amazing country
- Unique tracks with amazing views and photo opportunities
- Wild camping and quirky hotels
- Step back in time
- Chance to sample the local cuisine
- Includes ferry from and return from Italy to Durres, Albania and Igoumenitsa, Greece to Italy (Venice or Ancona)
- Lead by professional 4×4 guide and instructor. Including local guide in Albania.
- Fully equipped lead vehicles to ensure you and your vehicle stay safe
5 in stock
Discover authentic Albania on this adventurous 4×4 tag along tour.
There are a number of options to get to the starting point in Ancona or Durres, so please feel free to ask any questions.
- Fully escorted from the UK to Albania. The plan is to leave the UK on Sunday 21st June and make our way through mainland Europe to the Port of Ancona, Italy. Travel and accommodation costs for this part of the expedition are not included, but I can give advice.
- Semi-Independent travellers – meet at the Port of Ancona to set sail overnight for Durres, Albania.
- Independent Travellers – Meet in Durres, Albania on Wednesday 24th June 2020. May suit anyone who wishes to drive through the Balkans to meet the tour group.
Tuesday 23rd June 2020
19:00hrs Meet at the Port and prepare for the 22:00hrs sailing to Durres, Albania.
Wednesday 24th June 2020
15:00hrs Disembark ferry. Meet local guide and head to our first night in Hotel accommodation.
Thursday 25th June 2020 to Monday 29th June 2020 – We explore the North of Albania including Theth, Lake Shkoder and the alpine scenery that this region has to offer.
Tuesday 30th June 2020 to Tuesday 7th July 2020 – Central and South Albania including UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES such as Berat, Gjirokaster . Routes will include river crossing, mountains passes, canyons. We will also include overnight homestays where we are greeted with local food and culture.
Wednesday 8th July 2020 – Cross into mainland Greece for our sailing to Ancona or Venice (TBC). After disembarkation you can continue to explore Europe at your own pace or head home.
We will explore the North and South of Albania with its varied terrain and amazing scenery. A mixture of wild camping and quirky Balkan hotels. This trip is for those with an adventurous spirit.
Your vehicle should have All terrain Tyres, low range and be well maintained and serviced.
14 nights in Albania experiencing some of the best rugged terrain driving in Europe and the culture of this wonderful country. * an 8 night option will also be available for those with limited time. I can also offer fly drive – email for details
Routes and costs will be flexible to take account of weather, conditions, etc.
Email Adam@offroadadventuretravel.com if you have any questions.