- 4×4 guided tour Albania – from the UK to Albania. We will set off from the UK on 2nd June 2021 and make our way through Europe to the Abenteuer Allrad Show in Germany. Entry, travel and accommodation costs for this part of the expedition are not included, but I can give advice.
- Independent Travellers – Meet near Lake Skada, Montenegro on 6th June 2021. Suitable for those who wish to drive through the Balkans or Europe to meet the tour group.
- A unique trip for true adventurers
- Drive through canyons and river beds
- Negotiate rocky mountains and take in the breathtaking scenery
- A mix of wild camping and authentic Albanian accommodation
- Lead by a professional 4×4 and instructor
- Albanian & English speaking local guide included
- A ‘curious time-capsule’ as quoted by the Guardian – Read the article here>>
- The displayed price is for 1 vehicle and 2 persons. If you need to make arrangements for additional persons, irrespective of age, please contact me using the form below.
4×4 Guided Tour Albania – 17 nights 2nd to 19th June 2021
The Albania Overland 4×4 tour is a unique trip for true adventurers as you will experience rugged routes and wild camping in some of the most remote parts of Europe.
Check out the Youtube Video.
By driving your 4×4 through canyons, river beds and negotiating rocky mountain trails, you will experience breathtaking scenery in a unique country.
In addition to wild camping, you will be staying in authentic Albanian accommodation. The tour will be lead by a professional 4×4 guide and instructor who has explored The Balkans on numerous occasions, while an Albanian and English speaking local guide will be supporting the group so that we get the most out of the trip.
This is your chance to experience a ‘curious time-capsule’ as quoted by the Guardian – Read the article here>>
Multiple options are available:
- An escorted tour from the UK to Albania. We will set off from the UK on 2nd June 2021 and make our way via the Eurotunnel to Germany to attend the Abenteuer Allrad Show on 3-4 June 2021 (Click to find out more>>). Attending the Show is optional, camping and show entry costs are not included in the tour price.
- We will set off from Bad Kissengen on Saturday 5th June to make our way through Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Montenegro to arrive on the Albania/Montenegro border on Sunday 6th June.
- For Independent travellers – Meet near Lake Skada, Montenegro on the evening of 6th June 2021 – Contact me for a price excluding Eurotunnel crossings.
- Fly drive – Take a direct flight from London Gatwick Airport to Tirana and we can arrange a 4×4 hire vehicle and camping equipment for you. Please contact me for a quote.
Albania Overland 4×4 tour 2021 Guided Tag Along Tour – Click for full details>>
Wednesday 2nd June 2021 07:30hrs. We will meet at Eurotunnel, Ashford and prepare for the crossing to Coquelles. On arrival in France we will make our way to Germany for the Abenteuer Allrad Show (costs for Show not included – approximately €75 for camping and €15 per person per day for Show tickets). Eurotunnel costs are included in the fully escorted option for standard vehicles only. Oversized vehicle will incur further charges as per Eurotunnel costs.
Independent travellers can make their own arrangements to travel and meet us enroute. The cost of the Eurotunnel crossings will be deducted.
Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th June 2021- Abenteuer Allrad Show.
Saturday 5th June -We leave the Show and drive via Nuremberg to meet with other members of the tour, before making our way through Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and camp overnight near Zadar, Croatia.
Sunday 6th June – We make our way to Montenegro to camp near Laka Skada, Montenegro to arrive in Albania on Sunday 7th June.
Our routes will explore the alpine routes of northern Albania and we will enjoy 2 nights of wild camping before heading to central and southern Albania.
The tour concludes on Saturday 19th June 2021 on the Albanian Riviera. At this point your are free to travel back to the UK with me or continue on to explore Europe.
A total of 14 nights of wild camping, homestays and hotels are included; 7 nights camping and 7 nights in various accommodation.
Our routes will include river crossings, mountains passes and canyons. Also included are some overnight homestays with the opportunity to sample local life.
Safety and Communication
In order for us to communicate whilst on our adventures, I will supply a PMR Radio for each vehicle and the lead support vehicle will carry a Garmin inReach GPS tracker.
inReach® Satellite Communication
With inReach satellite technology from Garmin and a satellite subscription, you can stay in touch globally. You can send and receive messages, navigate your route, track and share your journey and, if necessary, trigger an SOS to get help from a 24/7 global emergency response coordination centre via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network.
Included in the price is GEOS search and rescue insurance. More details can be found here – GEOS >>
If paying by deposit option, the balance must be paid before the 7th April 2021. Failure to do so will mean your booking will be cancelled without notification and you will forfeit your deposit. In the event of tour cancellation due to FCO advice, a full refund will be given on the tour price and the balance of Eurotunnel will be transferred to you to use in the future. Eurotunnel crossing will be booked as Standard Flexible. An upgrade option to fully flexbible is available at cost. Please email me for further details. Full details can be found on the Eutotunnel website click here>>
4×4 guided tour Albania
If you have any questions, please contact me via the form below or call 07444 595812